Our mission of EPU Children’s Center is to strengthen and empower children and families facing extraordinary medical, developmental, and parenting challenges.
- Promoting the development of infants and children with special medical, developmental or emotional needs;
- Supporting and assisting parents as they grow in the understanding, knowledge and skills needed to help themselves and their children experience success at home and in the community;
- Supporting the development of secure parent-child relationships as the basis for optimal social and emotional development;
- Strengthening the relationships between parents and professionals;
- Collaborating with other agencies to support the creation of inclusive, family-centered services that are responsive and welcoming to all children and parents.
Our vision is that children grow up in families in which their individual needs are met; their parents have confidence in themselves and in their ability to meet the needs of all family members, and have a sense of comfort with their personal situations that brings forth an internal sense of empowerment.
Safety: We believe that the physical and emotional well being of children, families and staff are assured and
maintained by creating a safe nurturing and supportive environment and providing a safety-net for families.
Respect: We believe that individuality; confidentiality and diversity of children, families
and staff are assured through honesty, acceptance of differences and the protection of personal dignity.
Compassion: We believe that children, families and staff can be supported and empowered through
maintaining our tradition of empathy and caring.
Quality: We believe that providing services of the highest quality is dependent upon hiring and maintaining
qualified staff, providing education to staff and families, implementing best practices and
creating collaborative relationships with families.
Growth: We believe all children, families and staff thrive with individualized opportunities
to learn and grow in ways that are responsive to their strengths and needs.